Ingredients (use vegan versions):
2 tablespoons olive oil (or enough to saute) - or use veggie broth to saute
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
4 medium carrots, sliced
3 small celery ribs, sliced
5 garlic cloves
1-2 tablespoons dried basil or oregano
4 cups vegetable broth
2 (15-ounce) cans white beans
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 cup kale, chopped (I use A LOT more)
salt, to taste (optional)
pepper, to taste
1. In a pot over medium-high heat, heat olive oil, then add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and basil; saute until the onion is translucent.
2. Add the broth, beans, and nutritional yeast; increase heat to high and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes, or until the carrots are soft.
3. Turn off heat and blend with stick blender. If using a regular blender, blend soup then return to pot. (The blended beans is where the "creamy" comes in. I leave some soup unblended to add texture. To use a regular blender, let the soup cool some and then transfer a portion of the soup to the blender. Be careful and don't add to much to the blender because you might get burned from it splashing up!)
4. Add kale and turn back on the heat for 4 minutes.
5. SERVE! Season with salt and pepper.
I always double this recipe as it goes quickly in this house.
Source of recipe: modified from multiple recipes I saw online.
Makes: 3 to 5 servings, Preparation time: 10 minutes, Cooking time: 30 minutes