1 tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
1 large leek
4 cups (1-1/3 pounds) red potatoes
6 cups vegetable broth
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium heat.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
3. Cut leek into thin slices, from the base to about halfway up the leaves. Chop the potatoes into small pieces.
4. Once the onions have sautéed, add potatoes, leek, broth, and pepper to the saucepan.
5. Bring to boil and then simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
6. Mash up the potatoes a bit with a fork or by slicing through with a knife before serving.
Prep: 5 minutes (this takes longer for me...guess I'm a slow chopper!)
Cooking: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 cups
From Eating Gluten Free by Shreve Stockton