Thursday, December 5, 2013

Jambalaya

 
 I had this recipe at a potluck and it was a hit.  Here are the instructions I received. The original recipe's link is at the bottom of the page.  This makes a lot so you can half it if you need to:
  • two  28oz cans diced tomatoes
  • two 14oz can red beans or kidney beans
  • 2-3 lbs frozen vegetables: corn, carrots, zucchini, yellow squash (equal parts) (I used fresh zucchini and yellow squash but you can use frozen if you want)
  • 4 cloves garlic, diced
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 4 tsp. paprika
  • 1/2 - 1 tsp. dried thyme
  • 1/4-1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (I don't like spicy things so I used 1/4 tsp. and let everyone else add extra into their own bowl) (the original recipe calls for Cajun seasoning, which I didn't have when I made it...still yummy!)
  • brown rice
While rice is cooking, combine all of the other ingredients in a pot and heat.  I let it simmer for about 15-30 minutes. 

When rice is done, place in a bowl and serve tomato vegetable mix on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment