Saturday, February 28, 2015

BBQ Soy Curls

Prepare the soy curls:

1 (8-ounce) package Soy Curls (break them up into pieces)
4 cups water
2 tablespoons Hickory liquid smoke
2 tablespoons tamari (soy sauce)

Soak for 15 minutes.

 

SAUCE

1 small yellow onion, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 cups organic ketchup (I use whatever ketchup has the least amount of sugar and I use a little less than the full 2 cups)
2 tablespoon molasses
1 tablespoon Hickory liquid smoke
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard powder
1 teaspoon salt (optional – there is really no need to add salt…the ketchup adds enough salt)

Saute onions.  Add rest of ingredients.

Drain soy curls (no need to squeeze water out of them).  Combine with sauce.

I slow cook for a couple hours on the normal setting in the instant pot. (original recipe says to cook on high for 1 hour, but I found the normal setting works best for me).
 
I order the soy curls from here:  http://www.butlerfoods.com/products/soycurls.html
 
This recipe is from Simple Daily Recipes.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJzegx5c5GE

No comments:

Post a Comment