- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes plus juice
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and sauté the garlic and onion over medium heat until golden brown.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the other ingredients (except the coconut milk) and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until you can no longer taste the vodka, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut milk.
Add this sauce to your favorite pasta.